jang nara chinese drama

by on December 2, 2020

Korean stars crossover to Chinese ent. Jang Na Ra (장나라) was born on March 18, 1981 in South Korea. Jang made her debut in the entertainment world as a singer in May 2001. ", "Jang Na-ra drums up fresh attention for new song and drama in China", "Jang generates buzz with return to big screen", "Director Kim Tae-kyun, Jang Nara win at film fest in China", "Korea's 'Sky and Sea' Wins Prize at Tirana International Film Festival". He Tianxin (Na-ra Jang) is smart and sassy and aspires for more than what society tells her women should be. 2005 – Gong Fu. [31] The movie was a commercial failure, and was criticized for Jang's unfair nomination at the Grand Bell Awards even before the movie was released. 0. In July 2014, Jang played the lead role in You Are My Destiny, the Korean adaptation of the 2008 Taiwanese hit drama Fated to Love You. The actress was awarded at several times since she debuted. Jang spent most of her childhood in her birthplace, Yeokchon-dong, Eunpyeong District in Seoul, South Korea. [21], In 2003, she made her feature film debut in the film Oh! [+408, -35] Today she's known for her youthful beauty but in 2001, her popularity was through the fu*king roof. Singer/actress Jang Na-ra has been recognized by world-famous Chinese actor Jackie Chan as a Korean star who has achieved success in China. WhatsApp. However, even if Jang Nara, the Korean actress and singer starring in the Chinese drama, may not be getting all the rest she would like, this leading lady is still one happy princess. Jang Na-ra has been busy in China promoting her new song “Thanks to You Who Gave Me Happiness” and the Chinese drama “Unruly Qiao.” The entertainer attended a press conference for her new single Wednesday in Beijing, according to a press release from her agency yesterday. This drama was very popular not only in … Jang NaRa is also popular in China and actively acting in Chinese dramas. Blood Type: A Family: Jang Sung-Won (older brother) Notes. [28] She made several other drama series in China which includes Good Morning Shanghai in 2007, Iron Masked Singer in 2010, and Unruly Qiao in 2011. The track was produced by famed Singaporean musician JJ Lin. Jang Na Ra movies and tv shows: The Last Empress, Go Back Couple, One More Happy Ending, Hello Monster, Drama … [33] The film also became the first Asian film to be invited to the 8th Tirana International Film Festival in Albania, where it won the Media Award. She also sings in Chinese and is known there by her Chinese name "Zhāng Nà Lā". [26], In 2005, with her increasing popularity in China, she made a bold move by moving to China to start her singing and acting career. [11] The following year, she released a multi-lingual album titled Dream of Asia, which includes 26 songs in 5 languages, including Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese and English. Vikings 2013. Jang Na-ra is a Korean actress and singer, who has since dabbled in many Chinese projects. In December 2003, Jang released her third album aptly titled 3rd Story which included top tracks I am a Woman Too and Is That True?. [96], In 2015, Jang was recognized for her charity activities by the Ministry of Health and Welfare. She appeared with her father, Ju Ho-seong who is also an actor, in the play Les Misérables in her primary school days, thus sparking her interest to become an actress. [52] In 2016, she starred in the romantic comedy One More Happy Ending, portraying a former pop idol. 3 Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA. According to Jang's official website, Chan said at the ¡°Jackie Chan and His Friends¡± event to which Jang was invited that Jang's success in China proves that there is nothing impossible in the world. [75] And eventually, her popularity extended to China and other Asian countries. 2 The Key Laboratory of Myocardial Ischemia, Chinese Ministry of Education, Harbin, China. In the middle of 2011 Jang Nara decided to end her 6 year hiatus by taking a leading role as … [22][23], In 2004, she came back to the small screen and starred in MBC's weekend drama Love Is All Around,[24] followed by KBS' romance drama Wedding. Tell any high school girl back then that she looked like Jang Nara and it was a compliment better than saying she looked like Kim Tae Hee. 8.8. She is multi-lingual; she can speak Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin and English. I’ve Fallen Down a Show Hole and Can’t Get Out. She renewed this commitment as she was chosen as one of the honorary public relations ambassadors for the 2017 South Korean presidential election. This marks her return to Korean screens after six years. Remember Me Register a new account Lost your password? 1 Drama “VIP” Enjoys Rise In Ratings For 2nd Episode SBS’s new drama “VIP” is on the rise! Jang released a Best Hits Album in 2004 consisting of songs from her 3 previous albums. The Jang Foundation was established from the money raised during Jang's fan club meeting at her June 9 concert in Beijing, which was held to mark the 15th year of diplomatic relations between China and South Korea. She followed it up with her 4th album titled My Story released in December 2004, consisting of hit songs such as I Love School and Winter Diary. Her popularity throughout South Korea is massive, often dubbed as Jang Na-ra Syndrome. Jang released her debut album First Story with the title track Burying My Face In Tears. Jang Nara is a very popular Korean singer and actress. [78], Jang belongs to a family of actors. She also established a US$10,000 Jang Na-ra scholarship foundation in the Philippines. Ah, interesting casting change: Jang Nara (One More Happy Ending) is now up for the upcoming slice-of-life comedic drama Housewife Detective, which was just the other day announced as Park Jin-hee’s (Memory) potential next project. However, SM Entertainment dropped her due to assumptions that she would have lesser or no popularity than the other competing artists. [32] However, despite the controversy, Jang won the Best Actress for a Foreign Film Award at the 19th China Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards. [91], In the aftermath of the 2008 Sichuan earthquake, Jang donated 150,000 dollars to a charity organization in China and 8 billion won of clothing for the victims. After the concert on stage, a Chinese charity organization appointed Jang as a goodwill ambassador, making her the first foreigner to receive such an honor. The album also became one of the top selling albums of that year in South Korea. [79] He also manages Jang's career since her debut. 4 Division of Cardiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine/Fletcher Allen Healthcare, Burlington, VT. 5 Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan. VIP 2019. This was the start of Jang Nara’s success acting in China. Jang Na-ra (Korean: 장나라; born March 18, 1981) is a South Korean singer, record producer … Facebook. "Debut 10 years Jang Nara, "Nothing has changed... "Jang Na-ra Hopes to Take on More Bold Roles with Sexy Appeal", "Shin Ha-kyun scores top prize at 2011 KBS Drama Awards", "Jang Nara to play leading lady in Chinese movie", "′Flying With You′ Director Compliments Jang Nara", "Jang Nara to act with Jackie Chan's son", "Jang Nara's Cute Wish for School 2013's Success", "Jang Nara Becomes Cute for Her New Role in a Chinese Drama", "Actress Jang Na-ra Makes Ordinary Extraordinary", "Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara to Reunite in Drama, "Jang Na-ra to star 'Mr. VIP 2019. (4)Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, The Key Laboratory of Myocardial Ischemia, Chinese Ministry of Education, Harbin, China. On May 20, 2018, Jang Na-Ra performed Sweet Dream, I am a Woman Too, April Story on Sugar Man season 2, which was the highest audience rating among all terrestrial and non-terrestrial programs broadcast at the same time. [98][99] She is also known to have a big affection with animals. “VIP” is a new melodrama about the hidden secrets of a team that handles VIP clients at a department store. Initially, it was not well received and only reached number 12 in Korean music charts. [47] You Are My Destiny was a hit in China and gained 200 million views. [73][74], 2002 was Jang's year, with best selling albums, multiple endorsements and highly rated TV shows under her belt. Dressed like a boy, Tianxin wants to become a doctor. Jang does many charity work such as sending 500 million won worth of commodities and 200 million won worth of powdered milk to the hungry North Korean children. (Kpop), At the Noodle Cart: Korean Edition [September 2020], Age Gaps (the good, the bad and the awkward). Recent studies suggest that anti-thrombotic therapy without stenting may be an option for this subset of patients. She began filming in late November in Shanghai, her father-manager Joo Ho-sung revealed belatedly via her official website. She also sings in Chinese and is known there by her Chinese transliteration name (张娜拉 Zhang Nala). [76][77] She also halted her singing activities in 2014 due to stage phobia and focused her work on acting. Jul 6, 2018 - Explore Maria Sh. [East Daily] Recently Jang … One of her most popular dramas are " School 2013 " (2012), " Confession Couple " (2017), " The Last Empress " (2018) and much more. Jang also has a successful acting career. A brief look at the fun ride K-swirl upcoming romantic comedy, which will set off in 13th May 2020 and will reach it's end during this torrid, close up summer! 2 Comments. [18], In 2002, Jang landed her first leading role in a drama in SBS's romantic comedy Successful Story of a Bright Girl. Her studies were delayed due to her entertainment career. Jang Nara And Lee Sang Yoon’s New No. Korean Drama “VIP” Releases Posters Featuring Jang Nara, Lee Sang Yoon, Lee Chung Ah SBS’s upcoming drama VIP has revealed exciting posters of the main actors.. VIP centers around a team that manages VIP clients at a department store. Jang Nara stars in this Chinese historical drama about a princess who doesn’t know she’s royalty. [4][5] She also received the Korean Singer of the Year from China's CCTV-MTV Awards in 2003.[6]. The song Sweet Dream became immensely popular and reached number 1 in Korean music charts, instantly making Jang a household name. [42], In December 2012, Jang reunited with her Baby Faced Beauty co-star Choi Daniel for KBS's teen drama School 2013. [59][60] The series received high ratings and Jang was praised for her performance with her wide range in acting. Article: Jang Nara, turns out to be from SM... popularity that could slap IU out of the waters Source: Mydaily via Nate 1. [53], In 2017, Jang was cast in the romantic fantasy drama Confession Couple. 1 Comment. The delay was due to her continuous work since her debut after she entered the university. [34], In May 2011, Jang starred in KBS romantic-comedy Baby Faced Beauty. Th e Gong Fu was released as a second Chinese album on December 7, 2005. Happy Day. The drama is well received and recorded high audience ratings. She disclosed in an interview on Healing Camp that she suffered from gastric ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, panic disorder, bulimia, and acrophobia due to intense stress and pressure as a celebrity. See more ideas about jang nara, korean actresses, korean beauty. [27] The success of My Bratty Princess catapulted her as a hallyu or Korean Wave star in China. Birth Name: Jang Nara (장나라) Birthday: March 18, 1981 Zodiac Sign: Pisces Height: 163 cm (5’4″) Weight: – Blood Type: A Jang Nara Facts: – She was born in Seoul, South […] She is an ageless beauty as recently shown in her drama, Go Back Couple. Her first mainstream Chinese drama is My Bratty Princess. In 2012, four years after releasing Dream of Asia, Jang returned to the Korean music scene with the digital single I Only Think Of You. Twitter. To quote the Urban Dictionary, a Show Hole is “that empty feeling that wraps around your soul because you don’t know now what do with your life” after binge-watching a series to the bitter end. Jang then became a host for MBC's music show, Music Camp[3] and KBS's talk show Love Story. [57] She also won the Excellence Award for an Actress in a mini-series at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards. After starring in the popular sitcom New Nonstop, she became more well known and released the other tracks in the album such as her pop ballad style song, Confession and the April Story, ranked at the top in various music charts. Wedding (2005) [Drama] Love “quadrangle” drama starring Jang Nara, Ryu Shi-won, Lee Hyun-woo, and Myung Se-binthat was known as a bittersweet rom-com. Pinterest. Her music career is extremely popular in Korea and across the world. She started her singing career by becoming a trainee and signing a contract with SM Entertainment. The success of the drama and her hit song "Sweet Dream" launched her to stardom in South Korea that year. During the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics, Jang was the only singer from a non-Chinese-speaking country to appear in the 2008 Olympic song Beijing Welcomes You. [37] She later won the Excellence Award for an Actress in a mini-series at the 2011 KBS Drama Awards. [51], In 2015, Jang played a police detective in the mystery thriller Hello Monster. [93], In 2011, Jang was appointed as Seoul’s Gangnam-gu's ambassador to promote tourism in the area. Tag: Jang Nara. Jang Na Ra is a South Korean singer and actress. In April 2002, Jang Nara landed her first lead role in the drama "Successful Story of a Bright Girl", co-starring with Jang Hyuk. [25] Wedding established Jang as an actress, and she received viewer acclaim for her portrayal of a woman's growth and identity in marriage. [71][72], Jang signed a contract with Korean cosmetic brand 'CharmZone' as an official model, as revealed in April 2020. [80] She has her own agency, Rawon Culture, which was established by her father. Oh My Baby 2020. For the new drama KBS2 is producing for their Monday-Tuesday time slot, Jang Nara will be playing a matured role as the main teacher for Seungri High School’s (Victory High School) second year class 2 … [54][55][56] The series was a success, and won acclaim from viewers. [62], In 2020, Jang is set to star in the romance comedy drama Oh My Baby. [49] She then took on the lead role opposite Shin Ha-kyun in the fantasy-romantic-comedy drama Mr. Her father, Ju Ho-seong (real name Jang Yeon-kyo), is a theater actor, producer, and director. #JANGNARA #Bestkoreandramas #topkoreandramas #kdrama2019 #Jangnarafor more upcoming videosplease support this channel .Like, Share & Subscribe ! In 2013, she recorded a TV campaign song named “Nanoom Song” for the Community Chest of Korea. When she meets Emperor Zhu Li (TAE) and the handsome Zhang Zhesan (Hao Gao), they both fall in love with the unconventional … Back' with Shin Ha-kyun", "Jang Nara wins Top Excellence Award in a Miniseries and says, "Thanks Shin Ha-kyun, "Seo In Guk and Jang Nara Confirmed for New Drama ′I Remember You′", "Drama 'One More Happy Endling' Holds a Production Conference", "Son Ho-jun and Jang Nara together in new drama "Confession Couple, "Jang Na-ra Grows Closer to Mom Thanks to Latest TV Role", "(Yonhap Interview) Actress Jang Na-ra says recent work brings her to tears over beer", "KBS romantic comedy 'Couple on the Backtrack' exits", "KBS Drama Awards 2017: Kim Young Chul, Chun Ho Jin share grand prize; complete winners list", "Jang Nara's Upcoming Rom-Com Confirms Go Joon, Park Byung Eun, And Jung Gun Joo For Main Cast", "Jang Na-ra confesses to eating disorder", "Jang Nara's father Joo Ho-sung debuts as a movie director with 'Polaroid, "Jang Nara says will never do movie with dad again", "[엔터비즈]연예인 1인 기획사, 과연 남는 장사일까? An article focusing on news about various topics coming from Korea for the month of September 2020. [3] The album sold 300,000 copies. [20] The same year, she starred in another romantic comedy series My Love Patzzi which also attained high ratings. I have seen many of her television dramas and enjoyed them thoroughly. The album consists of 12 songsm with most of the songs being of the ballad genre. [15] The same year, she released her fourth Chinese album Love Journey.[16]. It is revealed that Jang would promote Clair's products not only in Korea but throughout Asia as well. [61], In 2019, Jang returned to the small screen with the office mystery drama VIP. [86] She also works with the FHI Charity organization. Jang Nara’s acting career has enjoyed just as much success as her singing career. [95] She also performed with Jackie Chan at his charity concert "Jackie Chan and his friends" on June 24, 2006 at Nanjing, Jiangsu province of China. Help! Jang posed in a garden and front porch while modeling pullovers, fur … 5 reasons why I like naive characters + exps, Which song by the next artist is your favorite? Aside from donating money to animal shelters, she also participates at charity events for animal care and volunteers actively such as cleaning the sick dogs' shelters. However, her workload took a toll on her health. The Chinese version of the drama "Temptation of Wife", led by Jang Nara, will be shown on the Chinese TV on November 21st at 9PM.A mystery thriller and complicated romance movie, "Rose House" is the name of the Chinese version, based on Alfred Hitchcock's "Rebecca". Jang Na-ra. As a child, Jang spent most of her childhood in her birthplace, Seoul, but appeared with her father in a play, Les Miserables, in her primary school days, thus sparking her interest to become an actress. After making her acting debut in the 2001 television sitcom “New Nonstop,” she has starred in many popular films and television dramas, including “Baby-Faced Beauty” (2011), “School 2013” (2012), “Fated to Love You (aka You Are My Destiny)” (2014), “I Remember You” (2015) and “One More Happy Ending” (2016). [45], The year 2014 proved to be a busy year for Jang with three TV projects under MBC network. Remember You actress Jang Nara embodied the spirit of fall for the September issue of Singles. Due to the success of Sweet Dream, Jang won several awards including two Daesang awards or the Grand Prize (equivalent to Korean Top Artist of the Year) from MBC Music Festival and KBS Music Awards. ", https://www.soompi.com/article/358740wpp/artist-of-the-week-jang-nara, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3UX7nU9Zk&t=4m27s, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrMhye2kGA&t=4m30s, "Jang Nara Named Ambassador of Chinese Charity", "Four stars named "goodwill ambassadors" for China-ROK Exchange Year", "Jang Nara to be associate professor at university in Beijing", "Jang Nara Lends her Voice to Community Chest of Korea", "Jang Nara Recognized by Jackie Chan for Success in China", "Actress Jang Na-ra Recognized for Charity Works", "First Half of 2008 K-pop Album Sales Volume", "Bae Receives National Order of Culture Merit", "Journalist Wins Award for Promoting Tourism", "주호성-장나라 부녀, 공로상 수상 "장미를 주었더니, 향기 남았더라" (2018 춘사영화제)", Baeksang Arts Awards for Best New Actress — Television, Mnet Asian Music Award for Best Female Artist, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jang_Na-ra&oldid=999015231, Best New Actress Paeksang Arts Award (television) winners, CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown, Articles containing Chinese-language text, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Wikipedia articles with Trove identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries, Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries, Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama, 눈물에 얼굴을 묻는다 (Burying My Face In Tears) (String version), 당신의 모든 것을 사랑합니다 (I love everything about you), 미련한 미련이란 것이 (Stupidity What Is Stupidity), 只想起你﹙中﹚I Only Think Of you (Chinese version), 只想起你﹙韓﹚I Only Think Of You (Korean version), This page was last edited on 8 January 2021, at 02:41. [44], After filming for School 2013 concluded, Jang immediately returned to China to film a drama titled Red Palanquin. Singer/actress Jang Na-ra has been recognized by world-famous Chinese actor Jackie Chan as a Korean star who has achieved success in China.

Youtube Burton Annex, Gary Hershberger Twin Peaks, Black And White Wolf Art, Easy Out Screw Extractor, Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Full Movie In Sinhala, Dawn Yeoh Husband, Instant Money Miracles, Apocalypse Now Imdb,

jang nara chinese drama