ground turkey shepherd's pie

by on December 2, 2020

Add salt and pepper to taste. This was wonderful with a few additions: added 1/2 cup of chicken broth to carrot/turkey/onion mixture and let it cook off just a little before putting in the oven to retain moisture, but still kept bouillon in too; Chopped carrots and sauteed with the onions at the beginning so they would soften; Added canned peas and used fresh mushrooms; Roasted 4 cloves of garlic by drizzling with olive oil, placing in foil and putting in the oven until cooked through. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Salt the water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ... Bake the Shepherd's Pie for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Shepherd’s pie is typically made in winter and traditionally made with ground beef or lamb, but this is my somewhat lighter, healthier version made with ground turkey and slightly less butter in the mashed potatoes! Bake the shepherd’s pie until bubbling and golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Spinkled some sweet paprika on top. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. As there are only 2 of us in this home, we have plenty of leftovers from this dish and that is something we are happy about. chopped sage, thyme or rosemary 1 bay leaf 1 tbsp. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian). flour This recipe is made with easy and cost-effective ground turkey, vegetables, broth, and topped with a potato (or sweet potato) topping. It was perfect! Spread mashed potatoes over meat, and swirl with a fork. Easy Gumbo: https://youtu.be/zambCn5sk7g Try this delicious meat pie recipe it is a real crowd-pleaser easy to make and delicious! Saute the ingredients until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. I omitted the bouillon bc I didn't have it and didn't drain the meat - added about 2 tbsp of chicken broth to that. Last updated Nov 22, 2020. Easy to prepare, even for a novice like me. Swirl the mashed potatoes over the filling. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I put cheese on top of my potatoes & put them under the broiler for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rich in flavor and low in calories. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie. Saute onion until it has softened and turned … Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the thyme, … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. good basic recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/210409/ground-turkey-shepherds-pie Added chicken broth (seemed too dry without) before adding the flour to make the "gravy". Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I sauteed the carrots and peppers with the onion to get them tender. I added s. cream to my potatoes to make them creamier. 1 (16 ounce) package assorted frozen vegetables, thawed, Back to Quick and Easy Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Layer the potatoes on top of the filling in the skillet. I also added some green pepper. Add … TURKEY SHEPHERD’S PIE. I added a chopped onion to the turkey when it was cooked and a minced garlic clove. Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie is delicious. Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Sweet potato shepherd’s pie is a layered, classic pie with tender sweet potato chunks, vegetable mix, savory turkey all baked with comfort and love in one casserole dish. Add the garlic salt, onion salt, oregano and thyme. Place the potatoes in a small, deep pot, cover with water and bring to a boil, covered, over high heat. YUM! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Red skins are the best for mashing. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with ground beef it’s actually called a cottage pie. Boiled cauliflower and garlic, added horseradish and cheese when mashing and it was so good with this recipe. This is a recipe for shepherd's pie that is pretty much effortless. poultry seasoning Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 1 large onion, diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 celery ribs, diced 1 large carrot or 2 small, peeled and diced 1 parsnip, peeled and diced 1 tbsp. Too much potato vs. meat. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Otherwise I kept the recipe as is. Like so many others I added worcestershire sauce, xtra garlic and some veggies - recipe was easy to play around with. https://www.delish.com/.../a29504165/easy-turkey-shepherds-pie-recipe Also added different veggies squash peas carrots. It just takes a lot longer! Add the ground turkey mixture to a large, ovenproof casserole dish. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Spoon the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the meat. Shepherd’s Pie Recipe. Yes! & garlic. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Technically, what makes it a shepherd’s pie is the use of lamb, and a one with ground beef is a cottage pie. 339 calories; protein 18.3g 37% DV; carbohydrates 38g 12% DV; fat 12.9g 20% DV; cholesterol 70.9mg 24% DV; sodium 342.4mg 14% DV. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This turkey shepherd’s pie is a healthier twist on a classic. Would you like any potatoes in the recipe? Turkey Filling 1 tbsp. Made with mashed potatoes, ground turkey, mixed vegetables and savoury gravy, this shepherd's pie is a twist on a family favourite. My family thought this recipe was wonderful! Ground Turkey Shepherd’s Pie 4.8 from 5 reviews Hearty ground turkey and vegetables coated in a smooth, flavorful gravy and topped with creamy, rich mashed potatoes and baked to … https://www.yummly.com/recipes/shepherds-pie-with-ground-turkey Amount is based on available nutrient data. Add turkey; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same skillet. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Always a favorite! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Next Recipe . In large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, ground turkey, diced onions and garlic. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). So I've become quite skilled at turning leftovers into second-time-around successes like this. –> See for yourself with this … We made turkey gravy to go with it since it looked a little dry and it was excellent! I add Worcestershire sauce to the meat mix and shredded cheese melted over the potato. A great way to use up leftovers, Shepherd's Pie is the quintessential comfort food: mashed potatoes, veggies, and ground turkey all combined into layers of goodness. Shepherds Pie with Ground Turkey Recipes 71,924 Recipes. it was easy, filling, and yummy. Add the ground turkey and cook for 6–8 minutes, until browned. We live way out in the county, and the nearest grocery store is 25 miles away. I used a California blend veggie mix of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and used premade mashed potatoes.

Bloodwood Newtown Reviews, Symptoms Of Tooth Infection Spreading To Heart, English Drovers Cur, Anterior Crown Preparation, Thunbergia Erecta Plant Care, Fresh Graduate Dentist Resume, I'm Gonna Find My Baby Moby,

ground turkey shepherd's pie